- Issuing of new driving License.
- Renewing of expired driving license.
- Vehicle licenses
- New vehicle registrations
- Annual examinations of vehicles (Warrant of Fitness)
- Vehicle transfer
- Bus permits, routes and vehicle dealership licensing
- Driving license COP
Routine Maintenance Services:
- Pothole Patching
- Edge break repair
- Shoulder high Removal
- Shoulder reinstatement
- Drainage clearing
- Pavement Repair
- Vegetation Control
- Crack Repair
- Maintenance of Road signs
- Spot Rehabilitation
- Single/Double Chip sealing
- Otta sealing.
Safer Road User
- Installation of Road Signs
- Installation of Pavement Line marking
- Installation of Speed Control hump
Traffic and Road Safety Task Force
Task Force This is a Joint Initiative of the Ministry of Infrastructure, Tonga Police and Crown Law to work together in an ongoing and integrated way to improve the safety of Tonga’s land transport network.
Task Force Roles and Functions
The TSTF role is to develop a strong and integrated relationship between ministries in the promotion, development and implementation of road safety related activities to achieve the road safety vision. These include but are not limited to:
- A lead role in the development and implementation of a Road Safety Action Plan
- Initiate and support the development and support of road safety initiatives.
- Collaborative to maximize funding opportunities for road safety initiatives.
- Maximize opportunities for sharing of information, systems and processes.
- Raise the profile of road safety initiatives in government and the wider community.
- Promote a collaborative approach between ministries.
- Ensure the management of cross-ministry programs is efficient and effective.
- Investigate and support community lead road safety programs.
Road Works Permit Process
What are works/activities that MUST have PERMIT? These are type of activities on any boundaries of PUBLIC Roads that requires permit:
- Work ON and UNDER road relating to and including ELECTRICITY, WATER, TELEPHONE, GAS, CONDUITS and INTERNET CABLE.
- Leave an object on the road such as CONTAINERS, CONSTRUCTION RELATED EQUIPMENT, CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS AND VEHICLE WRECK THAT ENCROACHES OR AFFECTS THE PUBLIC RIGHT TO NORMAL ROAD USE.
- Install any object including FENCE, DITCH, SIDEWALK, AND BRIDGE THAT ENCROACHES OR AFFECTS THE PUBLIC RIGHT TO NORMAL USE.
- Install any sign including ADVERTISING, BILLBOARD, BUS STOP, SURVEILLANCE CAMERA, DECORATIONS, VEGETATIONS, and ELECTRONIC SCREEN THAT encroaches or affects normal road use.
- Work on and under the road relating to any ROAD CONSTRUCTIONS, MAINTENANCE or REPAIRS (Road Humps).
- Interfering, stopping or affecting the public right to normal road use for any reason including for any FUNCTION, COMMERCIAL
- ACTIVITIES, GARAGE SALES and FAIRS.
o $50.00 per permit (fix amount, include CT)
o $50.00 per day (how long the activities will be charged per day)
o Road cuts will be varied according to locations of work.
- APPLICATION FOR PERMIT SHALL BE MADE IN WRITING TO THE MINISTRY’S CEO
- ALL PERMIT MUST BE PAID ACCORDINGLY, SIGNED OFF BY LAND TRANSPORT DIRECTOR AND MINISTRY’S CEO BEFORE ISSUING PERMIT.
- FAIL TO COMPLY WITH ANY PROVISIONS SHALL BE QUILTY OF AN OFFENCE AGAINST ROAD ACT 2020, FOR WHICH HE SHALL BE LIABLE TO A FINE NOT EXCEEDING 100,000.00